Monday, April 25, 2011

Finding a Routine

One of the great things about my job is that I'm contracted to work the same schedule as school year teachers (plus a couple of extra weeks on each end of the school year).  Which means that with Easter comes Easter break!  So I've been off work for the last 6 days.  I've really enjoyed spending the extra time at home with Colin and Cassidy.  Colin and I actually got to go out on a date!  And Cassidy and I slowly started to get into a new bedtime routine.  Our routine until this point has been - no routine at all. 

So, our bedtime routine is now. Bath at 6PM, followed by a 15 minute tantrum from 6:20 - 6:35 when I take her out of the tub and attempt to get her dressed (we're working on this). Then we visit with Daddy, the volunteers, and (sometimes) the guests upstairs in the main part of the (Ronald McDonald) House.  Then we come back home, read a story and I lay her down with a bottle (also trying to get rid of this - but its a slow process).  Sometimes she takes the bottle and goes right to sleep and sometimes she plays and sometimes she fusses, but usually she's asleep between 7:30 and 8. 

Not too bad of a routine, especially when you consider that we didn't really have one before.  My worry is that when I get back to work (TOMORROW!) our routine is going to fall apart.  Now she hasn't really suffered from the lack of routine - but I think I have! 

Arhg.  Well until this point I've been trying to live in the moment and enjoy whatever is happening with our little family as it happens rather than missing the past or worrying about what comes next.  So, I guess the best course of action is - no action at all.  Whatever happens, happens! 

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful Mother! Cassidy is beautiful and you will do a great job no matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete