Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bad Mom

There are so so SO many things that I do that according to current popular child-rearing beliefs and the internet make me a "bad mom".  And I've decided that I just don't care anymore.  I'm a BAD MOM and I'm ok with that.

I use disposable diapers - cloth diapers be damned.

I let my daughter have a bottle in bed.

I don't remember to read to her every day.

I lose my patience.

I stopped breastfeeding at 6 months - and before that she got 1/2 breast milk and 1/2 formula.

I work.  I need to work for financial reasons - but I would work even if I didn't have to.

I let her watch TV.  Sometimes I even encourage it.

I feed her McDonald's, and cookies.

I have spanked her.

I've told her "NO".

I plan on using pull-ups (apparently its now inappropriate to use pull-ups and I quote "there are diapers and underwear - there should be nothing inbetween").  Oh, well.

I yell at her when I get frustrated (I feel bad about it later, but it's happened).


I'm sure there's more.  But that's all I can remember at the moment.

Even after listing all that - I'm still ok with being considered a "bad" mom.  You know why - because my daughter is healthy, she's bright, she's loving, and on a fast track developmentally.  So in reality - maybe I'm not such a bad mom after all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment